Oakley O2XL ReviewOctober 10, 2013
- Excellent field of vision
- Above average fit, especially for a wide-faced fellow like myself
- Very comfortable goggle overall
- Oakley has some of the top eyewear technology in the world, but if you want it, you’re going to have to spring for a more expensive goggle than the O2xl
- There is no do-it-all lens option with this model
Oakley produces a solid goggle in the O2XL despite the affordable price range. That’s a win for the consumer. This goggle works particularly well for hybrid adventures like snowmobile skiing.
Simply put, you can’t get better value in a new-for-’13/’14 goggle.
The O2XL includes dual-vented lenses with Oakley’s trademarked F2 anti-fog coating. Good protection, in other words. Still, a bit of fog developed on the inner lens during a warm afternoon at the resort.
Field of Vision
Among the best fields of vision you will find in a flat-lens goggle.
Not the burliest feel or material here. Still adequate, unless you start faceplanting multiple times a day.
With a flexible frame and very wide wraparound fit akin to some of Oakley’s sunglasses, this is a great choice for medium to large face shapes.
Look and feel
Comfort is in ample supply with this model, as are good looks, which is par for Oakley’s course. The O2XL doesn’t offer a cutting-edge design, but that’s OK.